Hi friends, this is one of my first post in this blog and so I thought would start with something special. Now, what could be more better than YUMMY Black forest cake.... I dont know how well I will be able to carry this page out. Anyway, I need your prayers and support for this blog... Tankyou..
For the cake:
- Cake flour - 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder -1/3 cup
- salt -1/4 tsp
- eggs -4 large
- Sugar -2/3 cup
- Butter melted- 40gms
- vanilla essence - 1tsp
- whipping cream - 2 cups
- icing sugar- 5 tbsp
- vanilla essence- 1 tsp
- cherry syrup/sugar syrup- to just soak the cake layers
- cherries- 5-6 chopped
- chocolate dark- 100 gms
- cherries whole- 6-8
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F.
- Grease a 6 or 7 inch baking tin and line with parchment or wax paper.
- sift together first three ingredients and keep aside.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs and sugar with whisk and place it over a hot boiling water bath and keep on whisking until the mixture is luke warm. Just touch the mixture and it shoud be slightly warm.
- Now using an electric beater, beat the ingredients until it forms a pale thick mixture.
- add vanilla essence and beat again.
- now add the dry ingredients in three parts and mix with spatula taking care that air does not escape.
- Add some of the cake batter to melted butter and add the butter mixture to the rest of the cake batter.
- Transfer it onto a baking tin and bake for 20-25 mins.
- after the cake is fully baked when press gently down the cake it will bounce back(i.e. the cake is soft) and skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- cool the cake completely on a wire rack. peel of the parchment paper. And slice the cake into 2 or 3 layers horizontally.
- place the cream in a deep bowl and chill it along with the whisk of electric beatr in the freezer for about 15-20 mins.
- take out of the freezer and add sugar and vanilla essence and whip until stiff and forms peaks.
- Transfer some to a piping bag with star nozzle.
- chop the chocolate with a sharp knife to thin long strips.
- Place one of the cake layers on a cake stand and insert some parchment paper strips all under the cake to avoid mess.
- now soak the cake with sugar or cherry syrup. Do not over soak, the cake may turn damp.
- put some chopped cherries over it apply cream and then overlap with the next cake layer.
- repeat the proces and lay the third layer.
- coat with thick layer of cream so that crumbs do not come up or coat the cake with a thin layer at first.keep the cake in fridge wen the cream becomes dry coat with second thick layer of cream.
- With piping bag draw designs over the cake. put some chopped cherries and dark chocolate shavings...