CINNAMON STICKS


Every time I oass through my recipe book, I see this recipe and turn over the page without giving it much attention... The name and the recipe never appealed to me and thought it wasnt worth much the effort... Yesterday I was craving for a teatime snack and was wondering what to prepare... I wanted something sweet and something baked... Baking is my favourite pass time... But nowadays due to ma busy schedule coz of kids, I dont get much pass time... But even then somehow I managed time to bake..
 

Once I started preparing this dish, I realised that it did not require much work as I thought.. also it worth the little bit of effort it took..
It requires kneading of the dough, then keeping it for about  an hour to rise and then rolling and cutting into square peices... And then sprinkling of some spice and sugar.. But believe me, its not complicated as it sounds... And then I mst say, I fell in love with the beautiful aroma of cinnamon... Its not that I never smelled cinnamon, but I never had it powdered seperately... The aroma, its so romantic.. next time onwards I'll have a pinch of it in all my drinks...

Ingredients:
For the dough:
  • flour- 4 1/2 cups 
  • yeast- 2 tsp
  • baking powder-1/2 tsp
  • baking soda-1/2 tsp
  • sugar- 1/2 cup
  • salt-1/4 tsp
  • milk- 2 cup
  • vegetable oil- 1/2 cup
For sprinkling:
  • butter- one small stick
  • cinnamon powder- 4 tbsp
  • sugar- 1 1/2 cup
  • condensed milk-2 tin
Preparation:
In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients of the dough. add warm milk and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients little by little and knead it for 5 minutes or until it forms a smooth pliable dough.
cover it in plastic and let it rest for an hour.
Now roll the dough into rectangular shape with 1/2 inch thickness and brush with butter on top. Sprinkle cinnamon powder and sugar. Cut into 1 inch squares and place on a baking sheet.. Cover with a clean towel and let it rest for another 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 C.
Place the baking tray with the sticks inthe oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Line the muffin pans with muffin cases and arrange these sticks with three sticks per case. Pour condensed milk over sticks and bake for another 6 minutes.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news

Vanilla Caramel Chocolate Cake with Dulce de leche (DDL) frosting and ganache