SQUID ROAST

 So so long... Yes its been so long time since I logged into Blogger and posted a recipe , so much that I am in loss for words, as to what to tell you all the reason behind my missed posts... Well if you all wont be shocked, the reason was laziness.... All the free time I had was in the mornings, when hubby left for work. And in the last few months I enjoyed sleeping in the morning or having some time for myself laid back on the sofa with a hot cup of tea. This is only a matter of quarter or half an hour before which my kids would wake up and start the routine tantrums.
Now this time I am having squid roast recipe for you all, which is indeed very spicy.. This is for all who loves spicy food... I dint shoot too many pics of it from too many angles. Well in the coming recipes I ll try to give more attention to food photography as well....
Ingredients:
  • Squid- washed and cut into rings- 250 gms
  • Onion- sliced -1
  • Tomato- sliced 1
  • Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp.
  • Green chilly- 1
  • Curry leaves- a stem
  • Kashmiri chilly powder- 2 tsp
  • Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
  • Coriander powder- 1 tsp
  • Coconut oil- 1-2 tbsp.
Preparation:
Add all the ingredients except coconut oil in a wok, squish it nicely with your hand and cook covered on low flame without adding water. Let it cook itself... If the mixture appears too dry or looks like starting to burn before its been cooked, then add little water. Once the masalas have been absorbed into the squid rings and the squid gets cooked, add in the coconut oil to the sides of the wok and switch to medium flame. Sauté the squid till its nice and brown. Serve hot..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news

Vanilla Caramel Chocolate Cake with Dulce de leche (DDL) frosting and ganache