VEGETABLE UPMA- A Healthy start for the day


 Recently, my hubby and me have been into totally different diet, apart from the normal ones. Upmas were something that has never been in our menus. Its one of the 100 items my hubby doesn't like much to eat.. Well all he loves is biryani. Now that I decided to completely avoid his food interest and make him eat whatever I cook, I decided to cook different from what I usually cook. Upmas are easiest thing to cook for breakfast. All I wanted was some more color and slight difference from normal upmas. Adding of carrot and beans turned it really delicious and believe me, my hubby happily consumed a bowl full to my surprise...  It was yum yum... Give it a try friends...

Ingredients:
  • Roasted semolina- 1 cup
  • Boiling water- 2 cups
  • Onion chopped- 1 medium
  • Carrot chopped- 1/2 cup
  • Beans diced- 1/2 cup
  • Green chilly- 3
  • Ginger - 1 small piece chopped
  • Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
  • Fenugreek seeds- 6
  • Urad dal/ black split beans - 1/2 tsp
  • Dried red chilli- 3
  • Curry leaves- 15
  • Oil- 2 tbsp.
  • Ghee - 1 tsp
  • Salt to taste
Preparation:
Heat oil in a pan, once the oil gets hot, keep the flame low and add Urad dal, fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds. Take care not to burn the condiments. Add dried red chilly, curry leaves, chopped ginger and green chilly. Add onions sauté. Then add Carrot and Beans, sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Now add roasted Semolina and roast along with other veggies. Saute for about a 3-4 minutes again... Add salt. Then add boiling water and ghee and keep stirring with the spoon until all the water dries up. (If the semolina looks too dry you can add more water little by little upto 3 cups maximum in total). Serve hot.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news

Vanilla Caramel Chocolate Cake with Dulce de leche (DDL) frosting and ganache