VANILLA CHOCOLATE AND STRAWBERRY MARBLE CAKE

 Cakes always have been the most experimented things in my kitchen for two reasons:
One reason is I love cakes, while second reason is I love baking... Though nowadays I lost my love for taste of cakes, I still enjoy baking and making them eat by my friends and family.
Cakes I think is the most versatile of all desserts... You can have them plain or with frosting, frosting also you can try different varieties, you can decorate them with chocolate laces etc.
Almost all cakes follow same instructions with a set of ingredients and you are ready to go.
This time I made this cake which was very simple to make and it came out extremely soft and fluffy. My daughter loved this cake so much that she didn't leave a single piece and had most of it by herself.
Ingredients:

  • All purpose flour-2 1/4 cup
  • Baking powder- 4 1/2 tsp
  • Egg 3
  • Powdered sugar- 1 1/2 cups
  • milk- 3/4 cup
  • Butter- 250 gm
  • Cocoa Powder- 2 tbsp
  • Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
  • Strawberry puree- 2 tbsp
  • Pink food coloring- 1 tsp

Method:

  • Beat butter and sugar together.
  • To this add beaten egg and beat well again.
  • Add gradually sifted Flour, baking powder mixture. Mix all together.
  • Add milk to this and mix again.
  • Divide this cake batter into three. 
  • Mix cocoa powder with little milk.
  • Add this cocoa milk mix to one part of the batter.
  • To the second part of the cake batter add strawberry puree and pink food coloring
  • Add white cake batter to one side of the greased cake pan. Then add remaining two batters to remaining side.
  • With a skewer or knife, swirl the three cake mixes together to produce a marble effect. Do not over mix.
  • In a preheated oven, Bake the cake for about 1 hour in 160 C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

Bread pockets

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news