CREME CARAMEL CHEESE CAKE




 I think I have met the love of my life... This is truly something I wanted, with luscious, rich, smooth and creamy filling... A perfect dessert to enjoy on a lazy evening...

To improvise the look of my cheese cake, I added whipped cream rosettes and chocolate lace wraps, on which I have been watching videos over videos in Youtube to bring out the best possible results. I must say despite of my effort and practice I haven't been able to master this art, and if  you have noticed you can see patchworks here and there. I did not find it as easy as done or mentioned my fellow blogger friends...This was the third time I am trying to design a cake lace wrap and I was far better than last time when I had the parchment paper on which I designed the lace went soggy and failed to stick around the cake. I must definitely do a deep study on this to find out the places where I went wrong, wheather it is the quality of chocolate, or parchment or my lose of  knack...
 
 To add the divinity of this dessert, a small quantity of coffee was added, which is not my innovation but was already in the recipe... I am  a sort of person, who for some reason do not encourage or like the flavor of coffee in desserts... But for some reason this time, I did not bring any changes to the recipe and followed the instructions strictly and the outcome was just incredibly yumm...

 I must confess that this dessert is quite heavy on tummy but at the same time you will enjoy every bit of it, not caring about anything else. Every time I took a bite of it  kept telling myself one more bite for last time and I kept losing my control.  Its not easy to put restrictions on your temptations. And I am not guilty of it.
Now straight to the recipe.
Ingredients:
Base:
  • digestive biscuits-200 gm
  • butter - 50 gms
Prepare the biscuit base by blending these two ingredients and spread onto the base of a loose bottom or spring form pan. Press it with your knuckles and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes or until you prepare the filling,
 
Filling:
  • whipping cream- 1 cup
  • vanilla essence- 1 tsp
  • icing sugar/powdered sugar- 3 tbsp
  • hung curd or cream cheese- 500 gms
  • condensed milk- 200 gms or 1/2 tin
  • crème caramel powder and sauce- 2 packets
  • gelatin powder - 4 tsp
  • water- 1/4 cup
  • coffee powder - 2tsp- mixed in 1/4 cup water
In a bowl, place cheese, condensed milk, crème caramel powder and sauce, and coffee and whip using an electric beater till smooth paste.
Microwave gelatin and water on low, until gelatin dissolves and pour this over the cheese filling and mix well.
In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence until soft peaks form. Fold the cream into the cheese filling and mix until well combined. Pour this over the frozen biscuit base and keep in the fridge until set.
 
I am not posting how to make chocolate lace wraps because I don't think I am good at it.. You can find better videos and tutorials on web.. I am not an expert.
 
NOTE:
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news

Vanilla Caramel Chocolate Cake with Dulce de leche (DDL) frosting and ganache