I love Tiramisu, an Italian dessert. But the main ingredient in a Tiramisu is mascaporne cheese, which is quite expensive. Fortunately, to my surprise, I came to know that mascaporne cheese can be made at home and it sounded so easy, in fact it is easy. All you need is cream and lemon juice and it is done.
I will also be posting the recipe of sponge finger biscuits, used as a base in the Tiramisu. After all there is nothing more satisfying than homemade, right?
After making the sponge biscuits, a complete home-made Tiramisu will be ready
I will be preparing eggless version, as the thought of raw eggs doesn't sound so nice to me. But the authentic recipe calls for eggs and alcohol in it and I will be skipping the alcohols too...
|finger biscuits just out of the oven|
- Heavy cream- 2 cups
- Lemon juice- 3 tbsp.
- Heat cream on medium low flame
- When it starts to boil, add lemon juice. Once you add lemon juice, the cream starts to coat the back of your spoon.
- Off the flame.
- Line a strainer with clean white cheese cloth.
- Keep it suspended over a vessel.
- Pour the prepared cheese mixture over the cloth.
- Put a knot over the cloth and place the strainer with vessel inside the fridge and refrigerate for atleast 8 hours.
- Your mascaporne cheese is ready.