RASPBERRY CHEESE CAKE


Lately sweet  cravings have been binding me so badly. So much so that I cant resist myself, even at late nights, crawling into the kitchen silently and stealing a piece from the fridge... When I was pregnant, I wonder, how hatred towards sweets, over-flooded in me. My most favorite ice-creams and chocolates became my worst enemies... After 9 months of pregnancy, all the sweet cravings bounced back with double strength. Having ice-creams with chocolate sauce, stealing one extra scoop when all are asleep, browsing madly pages over pages to drool over those yummy flavors and sauces of ice-creams, really going mad these days...
Recently I discovered a page Sally's Baking Addiction, which was the most fantastic one I've ever found. Perfect for my cravings, the page is loaded with baked goodies and drool- worthy sweet treats... After having found a granola recipe on the page, I simply couldn't release myself from staring at it, and made it as soon as possible, to put down my temptations. Really feeling blessed to have found such a beautiful page.. Can't express how wonderful the page is... Perfectly my kind... Hop over here and have a look...

Talking about the cheese cake, I made it in slabs instead of the boring circles, is the one using yogurt and hung-curd and then used dream whip powder instead of fresh whipping or double cream, my recent favorite..  Unlike Indian curds, the yogurt found here is less sour, so I would not mind adding it in desserts. If you are in India, less sour yogurt are now available in tubs, buy that for making this cheese cake. The raspberry flavor, topped here in the form of jelly, quite dominates the taste of cheese cake and so, I would suggest to try strawberry flavor instead of raspberry. The color too is, too bright or must say florescent.
 Being no bake, the recipe calls for gelatin, to set the cheese cake..

Ingredients:
Base:

  • Digestive biscuits 200 gms (powdered or crushed)
  • butter 50 gms

Filling:

  • Hung curd- 1 1/2 cup
  • Full cream yogurt- 1 cup
  • Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
  • Dream whip powder- 1 sachet
  • Gelatin- 4 tsp
  • cold water- 1/4 cup
  • Hot water- 1/3 cup

Topping:
Raspberry / strawberry jelly powder- 1 sachet

Method:

  • In a large bowl, mix biscuit crumbs and butter.
  • Grease and line 8 X 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
  • Press the biscuit crumb mixture onto the base of the pan and spread evenly.
  • Refrigerate it for about 15 minutes or until you prepare the filling.
  • In a bowl place jelly powder and add hot water, mix until dissolved.
  • Keep this mixture in the freezer until its consistency resembles that of thick cream.
  • In a bowl, add hung curd, yogurt and dream whip powder and vanilla essence.
  • Beat this well with an electric hand blender.
  • Dissolve gelatine in cold water and microwave on low for 30 seconds.
  • Add this gelatine mixture to the cream mixture.
  • Pour this filling over the biscuit base.
  • Now add dollops of jelly mixture on top of the filling and gently swirl with the tip of knife.
  • Refrigerate until set.
  • Once set, cut the cheese cake into squares and serve.


You can make hung curd at home. For recipe , click here

Coming up next, on blog:
Crescent rolls


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

Bread pockets

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news