The fragrant and flavorsome ginger imparts its magic and coolness to this dish. Dry Ginger Chicken is a starter. The boneless chicken strips are marinated in egg, flour mix, giving it an outer skin or coating when fried and then tossed in other veggies. Easy to make and a filling starter.
Adapted from Salu kitchen. Video link here
Over to the recipe.
- Chicken boneless cut into strips- 500 gm
- Kashmiri chilli powder- 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Ginger powder- 1 tbsp
- Bread crumbs- 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour- 1 1/2 tbsp
- Corn flour- 1 tbsp
- Egg -1
- Salt to taste
- Ginger julienned- 1/4 cup
- Bean sprouts- 1 cup
- Bell pepper- 1/4 cup
- Green chilly- chopped-1
- Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Marinate chicken in the given ingredients for 20 minutes.
- Deep fry the chicken in a wok, till it turns brown color and cooked from inside.Take off from oil and keep aside.
- In same oil fry the ginger juliennes till golden brown. Take off from oil and keep aside.
- Fry green chillies and bell-pepper for 2 minutes without changing its colour. Take off from oil.
- In another pan, heat 2 tbsp of same oil used for frying chicken and other ingredients. Saute beans sprouts in this oil till golden color.
- Add fried chicken and ginger.
- Then add the fried peppers and chilly.
- Add spice powders.
- Saute and mix everything well.
- Add spring onions and mix everything together. Off the flame.
- Serve hot.