Lime Soda


 I am a very big addict of carbonated drinks. Mirinda is my most favorite. Though not healthy, I know, I love to sip them after spicy meals, not always but once a while.
Lime Soda is popular in my home town, Kannur, and I think throughout Kerala, which is available in all roadside vendors and shops. Road- passers and travellers love to have this chilling, refreshing drink as a relief from outside scorching heat and it is very much a thirst quencher.
The real so-called Lime soda is originally served just by a squeeze of Lime into the soda along with some sugar syrup, however, I, to add more flavor, muddled the glass with Mint and Dill leaves.


I left a  glass in the fridge for few hours with Mint, Dill leaves and sugar syrup alone and later added the soda to it , thereby achieving more refreshing and flavorful drink to be enjoyed upon later.This version was served to my hubby and he was really impressed with the drink and asked me how it turned better than the one we get from the earlier mentioned roadside shops. *blush* *blush*

Over to the recipe,
Ingredients:

  • Soda water - 250 mls, chilled
  • Mint leaves- 3-4 sprigs
  • Dill leaves- a stem
  • sugar syrup- thick- 6 tbsps
  • Lime- 1 big
  • Ice cubes

Method:

  • Make the sugar syrup, with sugar and half quantity water.
  • Once cooled, add 3 tbsps of sugar syrup to 2 glasses each.
  • Muddle the glasses with the herbs and squeeze lime onto each glasses.
  • Add soda to it.
  • Serve with ice cubes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news

Vanilla Caramel Chocolate Cake with Dulce de leche (DDL) frosting and ganache