The health benefits of Almonds are never ending.
I love the versatility of Almonds and when infused into milk, it serves as best warm drinks that can be served.
This drink is easy to make however the peeling part is so time consuming for me. Also it requires to be planned ahead as Almonds takes time to soak. If you want to make it immediately, you can still do it by soaking in hot water or simply by microwaving with little water, so the skin peels off easily. But I really do not like it that way as I feel the flavor somehow becomes a little vague by doing so.
- Almonds-20, soaked for about 2 hours and peeled
- Milk- 2 cups+ 1/4 cup
- Sugar- 3-4 tbsp
- ghee- 1 tbsp
- cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
- saffron- 1/2 tsp
- Soak the Almonds for two hours and peel the skin.
- Grind with 1/4 cup of milk to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan on medium low heat and add ghee.
- Add the Almond paste to it and saute for a few seconds.
- Now add milk and sugar and increase the flame.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron to the boiling milk and off the heat.
- Give it a good stir and serve warm.