Mango Pudding with Pineapple Jelly


Although I am sweet tooth, its been long I've been into pudding. This time I decided to try a pudding with the mangoes hubby bought which wasn't sweet enough to be eaten as it is. Usually such Mangoes end up in the juicer and drunk as milkshake or Lassi. This time, I had already prepared hung curd in hand, which I was planning to use for any cheesecake filling. But as a blogger, mango cheesecake being already on blog, I wanted to have a new recipe for blog to feature, so I give it a go for this one. The pudding tasted awesome and despite mangoes being not so ripe, the mango part particularly tasted really good and my doubt if the pineapple jelly flavor would go well with the mango pudding, was all vanished once I had it.

I tried this recipe once with little changes with strawberry mousse and strawberry jelly and topped with whipped cream and strawberry slice. Being not happy with the pictures I took, I left it aside and decided not to post on blog. Nowadays, I think I am getting more crazy with food photographs than actual recipes. However, I do not post any recipe, which wasn't tasty enough for my tongue only because pictures are good.

Over to the recipe,
Ingredients:
  • Hung curd- 1 cup
  • Mangoes -2 chopped into cubes
  • Condensed milk- 1/2 tin
  • Cream/ fresh cream/ whipped cream- 1/2 cup
  • Sugar- 2 tbsp
  • GĂ©latine- 3 tbsp
  • Water- 1/4 cup
  • Pineapple jelly- 1 sachet

Method:
  • Prepare pineapple jelly as per instructions given on the box.
  • DividĂ© the jelly into 6 stemmed glasses and put some mango cubes in it. 
  • Keep these glasses tilted inside cups of cupcake tray or in a loaf pan.
  • Place inside the fridge, until set. I kept overnight.
  • Meanwhile, add sugar in a bowl with remaining mango cubes and keep in fridge covered for few hours, preferably overnight.
  • Add gelatine to cold water, wait till it blooms.
  • Melt gelatine in double boiler or microwave at 80% for 30 seconds.
  • Blend the mango cubes, hung curd, sugar, condensed milk and cream together. Add the melted gelatine and mix everything together.
  • Divide and pour this mixture to glasses that were previously set with jelly.
  • Refrigerate and serve chilled.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news

Vanilla Caramel Chocolate Cake with Dulce de leche (DDL) frosting and ganache