Blueberry Mojito




Oh berries! How much I love them. But  here in desert, we hardly get berries.. Now that's a false statement. You get berries here throughout the year but you need to pay twice as much as its quantity. I mean it. I am not boasting. Its about 15 Aed for a small pack of blueberry with only 10 or 15 of them. Every time I admiringly gaze at those beauties in super market, take them in my hand and then return them to fridge. This is the case with all the berries so buying a berry and having them is like my distant dream except for strawberries which are affordable at least during winter. And to take my cravings to extreme, my fellow bloggers in west have their blogs loaded with lots of berry recipes and without able to try them, I put my cravings to sleep. This one I found for pretty good deal. When i found those, though they were still quite expensive, there was no second thought and i bought those, calculating to try loads of berry recipes when i was still aware that i had only a few of them .. When I returned home, there were so many recipes in my mind and unaware of when I will be able to buy berries next and wanting to try something really worth, my mind failed to settle on any one particular recipe. Then, these berries saw days of boredom for next two days in the fridge and then still unable to figure out what to be done with it they were promoted to freezer. This is what happens when you over treasure something and finds them unexpectedly and you want to make best out of it.

Blueberry syrup with ice cubes without adding soda

That is when a strawberry mojito recipe on Internet came to rescue and it looked so refreshing that I wanted to try it for sure. So I decided to replace strawberries with my blueberries and give it a go. It tasted good, except that I wanted it bit more sweet. The mentioned quantity of sugar in the recipe is only approximate and please check to the sweetness before adding soda. Soda is unsweetened so be sure to add enough sweetness to the blueberry syrup.

  Over to the recipe.
Ingredients:
  • Blueberry - 1/2 cup
  • Sugar- 1/2 cup
  • Water- 1/4 cup
  • Mint- 1/4 bunch
  • Lime juice- 2 tbsp
  • Ice cubes
  • Club soda
Method:
  • Puree the blueberries, water and sugar together. Strain through fine sieve and keep aside.
  • In the bottom of a jar muddle mint leaves pour the blueberry syrup and lime juice and chill in refrigerator until required.
  • To serve. Pour the blueberry syrup upto 1/4 th of the glass. 
  • Put some ice cubes. And pour soda over it to fill the glass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news

Vanilla Caramel Chocolate Cake with Dulce de leche (DDL) frosting and ganache