None of our family members are a great fan of soup. This time I attempted to prepare only because I found soup sticks at a supermarket. Once a while I make chicken soup. But with sticks to offer with, I guessed everyone will easily consume veggie soup. And so I made half quantity and four of us had it without much difficulty. This is a green peas soup with roasted garlic, which imparts a unique flavor. The procedure might sound lengthy but is easy to make and perfect for winters.
For roasting garlic:
- Garlic- 1 pod
- Black pepper powder- a pinch
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
- Green peas (frozen)- 1 cup
- Chicken stock cube-1
- Onion- 1/2 finely chopped
- Cream- 1 tbsp.
- Lime juice- 1+1 tbsp
- Butter 2 tbsp.
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Take an aluminium foil and place the garlic pod on it as it is. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top. Drizzle olive oil. Wrap the foil around the garlic and place it on a baking tray. Roast it in the oven at 250 C for 30 minutes.
- Take the garlic out of the oven. Unwrap the foil and separate garlic cloves from its skin. Keep aside.
- Boil green peas for about 5 minutes. Drain the green peas and add lime juice and mix well.
- In a sauce pan, heat butter on medium low flame.
- Add chicken stock cube and let it dissolve in the butter and add onion, saute for a while.
- Add the roasted garlic, mash them with the back of a spoon.
- Add green peas and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add a cup of water and let it boil with lid closed.
- Now off the flame and transfer to a blender and blend till smooth.
- To the soup add lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve hot with cream drizzled on top and soup sticks.