Sorry for loading this page with pictures. So those were places. Vellikkil boating at Cherukunnu, Madayippara, and Alakapuri waterfalls, Kanhirakolli. All three place inside Kannur district, Kerala. To get to the waterfalls spot we had to walk through narrow, stony and muddy path with kids for 400 metres and that too on the edges of a cliff that a minor miss can end us up falling deep down that too in deep forest. It was so tiring but the destination spot was all worth it. It had naturally Air-conditioned atmosphere apart from the hot weather outside. Later on returning home, when I asked my brother if he knew about such a place, he said he visited and its not possible to visit that place with kids and family due to the long walk through that narrow path I mentioned earlier. On revealing that we visited that place, he was actually quite surprised. Hehe..
Over to the post, This is a Strawberry Yogurt dessert made from fresh strawberries even the jelly part. It was perfectly sweet with slight tanginess from Yogurt and Strawberries. Perfect even for a non-sweet tooth person. Over to the recipe,
- Strawberry- 250 gms
- Sugar- 1/4 cup
- Yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Condensed milk- 1/2 cup
- Whipped cream/ fresh cream - 1/2 cup
- Dream whip powder- 2 sachets
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
- Strawberry essence- 1 tsp
- Gelatin- 2 tbsp. soaked in 3 tbsp water
- First cook the strawberries with sugar on low medium flame, for about 15 minutes. Mash the strawberries lightly with the back of a spoon. Take off from the stove and keep aside.
- Soak the gelatin, keep aside. Microwave for 30 secs till the gelatin melts or heat on low on stove top. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Now in a blender, blend Yogurt, Sweetened condensed milk, Whipped cream dream whip powder and essences.
- Add half of the melted gelatin mixture and half of the strawberry puree to the Yogurt mixture and blend for few seconds.
- Pour in 6 individual glasses or in one large pudding tray.
- Refrigerate till set.
- Now prepare jelly by adding the remaining gelatin mixture (if gelatin has set by now, reheat it once again on low heat and remelt it) to the remaining strawberry puree.
- Add this strawberry puree mix on top of the set yogurt in each glass.
- Refrigerate till the strawberry jelly sets. Garnish with Strawberries and serve cold.