Green Peas Mushroom Curry



Up on post today is one of my favorite veggie curry. Very less do I experiment veggie curries. I usually make any simple curry with veggies and repeat the same stuff when it is a vegetable meal day in my house. And so it turns out boring and is always a left over. Veggies do not excite me much and so I do not make much variety with it. This time also in a mission to make my family feed with more veggies, I decided to try something new and found this recipe. As the recipe mentions, I did not use fresh mushrooms, instead I used tinned ones and replaced the frozen green peas with fresh ones.
This curry once tasted turned out to be my favorite and whenever now I find a chance to make Vegetable curry, I make this.

Over to the recipe,
Recipe adapted from here
Ingredients:
  • Oil- 2-3 tbsp
  • Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
  • Green peas (fresh or frozen)- 1/2 cup
  • Mushroom-1/2 cup chopped. (I used tinned mushrooms)
  • Tomato- 3
  • Ginger- 1 inch piece
  • Chilly- 3
  • Cream- 1/2 cup
  • Asafetida- a pinch
  • Dry fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi- 1 tbsp
  • salt to taste
  • Coriander leaves- 2-3 tbsp.
  • Coriander powder- 1 tsp
  • Red chilly powder- 1/4 tsp
  • Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
to coarsely grind:
  • Black cardamom- 2
  • cinnamon stick- 1/2 inch
  • black pepper corns- 5-6
  • clove-2

Method:
  • First coarsely grind the spices.
  • Puree the tomatoes along with chilly and ginger.
  • Heat a deep bottomed pan, Add oil to it.
  • Once the oil heats, add the cumin seeds and asafetida.
  • Once the cumin seeds splutter, add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder and tomato puree and cook till oil starts appearing.
  • Add cream, coarsely ground spice, kasoori methi and salt.
  • Cook for few minutes.
  • Add green peas and cook again for few minutes.
  • Then add mushrooms and cook till done.
  • Add coriander leaves and throw chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot and enjoy with battora, Ceylon paratha, pulao etc. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news

Vanilla Caramel Chocolate Cake with Dulce de leche (DDL) frosting and ganache